This recipe is 100% gluten free and only uses natural/none processed sugar!! the bonus is that it is DELICIOUS! Enjoy.
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten free flour (I used namaste).
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2/3 cup natural cooking oil (i used canola oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 whole peeled apple (chopped
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, then grease a loaf pan i used 9×5″ pan. Set aside
- In a bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- add the oil, eggs, and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chopped apple
- put it into the greased loaf pan, you can sprinkle a little sugar and cinnamon on top or you can leave it as it is.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- let it cool, and enjoy!!
Feel free to check out my instagram! I post workout videos, inspirational posts, educational posts and much more! the link to it is https://www.instagram.com/lookingglassfitness/
I know all of you have heard “balance is everything”, “everything in moderation” etc. but what does that ACTUALLY mean? I am going to tell you!
Yes, it is important to have a good balance when it comes to nutrition and your diet, but what is balance? Balance to me is the 80/20 philosophy, which means to eat clean 80% of the time and let yourself live a little 20% of the time. Restricting foods is good to a point, the point where you start to struggle mentally. Sometimes you just gotta eat that cupcake so you don’t end up binging later, the “cheat” foods should be built into your daily/weekly nutrition plan. This will prevent you from over doing it when you are presented with sweets after restricting yourself for weeks on end. That is “balance” to me, to you it might look a little different but I live by the 80/20 philosophy. Don’t restrict yourself to the point you are going to over-eat when presented with sweets (or any vice of yours).
Okay, we have covered balance but what about the phrase “everything in moderation”? This goes back to not over restricting yourself, I believe everything should be on the table. ALL THE FOOD EVER. BUT you shouldn’t go crazy on it, moderate how much bad/good stuff you eat. So yes, eat that cake but just have one slice and that’s it for desert. Yes, drink that beer but just have the one. Everything in moderation.
Thanks for reading my little blog today, if you’d like you can follow me on my fitness/health instagram page where I post free workouts and inspirational posts! the link is https://www.instagram.com/lookingglassfitness/
When it comes to fitness; any kind of goal whether it’s building muscle, losing weight, or everything in between they key is your mindset. Your mind is an incredible thing, so incredible in fact that it can hold you back, even if you’re working SO hard for something. So, I am going to give you 5 possible reasons as to why you may be struggling to lose weight, gain muscle etc. Now, keep in mind that every single person and body is different so what works for me may not work for you but it is a starting point. You’ll notice, every single one comes back to your mindset. So, lets start shall we?
- There isn’t enough variety in your workouts! Don’t be afraid to try new things and challenge your mind and body!! We as humans tend to want to stay where it’s safe in our little comfort zones, but growth only happens when we break out of that box. Try something new in your workouts!! Challenge your body, I guarantee you’re stronger than you think you are it is a mental game!
- You’re not eating the right foods and ratios in your nutritional habits! Some people thrive off of carbs galore, some thrive off of lots of protein and so forth. You have to find the right balance, but that takes effort and time and we all tend to want to skip steps and get right to the prize. Be patient, and mess around with your nutrition to find something that feels good for you! Don’t follow someone else’s nutritional patterns, everyone is unique!
- You’re not drinking enough water! I know you have probably heard this one before, but it’s true. Water is a natural lubricant and detox for the body, everything works better when you are hydrated to the gills! I know water is boring, but again think outside the box and make that water irresistible! Add frozen fruit, lemon/lime juice, make it pink!! whatever will inspire you to drink more water!!!
- You are stressed/not getting enough sleep! Being stressed constantly definitely takes a toll on the body, and trust me I get it, we all deal with it. This is why you must take time out of every day and do something for you that is relaxing or fun, for me I like to meditate and workout to flush my stress away. Find something you enjoy to help relieve that stress, you’ll notice your body feels better I promise! As for sleep; it’s difficult to do it right, personally my sleep schedule is a nightmare. If I get more than 5 hours it’s a miracle. Here is why sleep is so important for your body and minds overall health; sleep is when your body and mind recharge after that stressful day you’ve had, when you don’t get enough sleep your body gets clogged essentially. You may notice you are more bloated when you don’t sleep enough? Yeah, that’s because your body didn’t have enough down time to work properly. So, just be mentally aware of those things and try to make changes that work with your schedule. Sleep and stress relief should be at the top of your priorities list!
- Lastly..you have a negative mindset!! Mindset really is everything, if you have a more positive outlook and believe things are going to work you’ll be way more successful in general. If you have a more negative mindset, it will take a toll on your body. As I said before, your mind is incredible. It can be your greatest tool, or your greatest downfall. You choose which one it is going to be. Staying positive about whatever journey you are on is so important, cut yourself some slack and don’t compare yourself to other people’s journeys. “Comparison is the thief of joy”, remember every body is different so don’t waste your time worrying about where someone else is in their journey. Focus on yours, and ENJOY it, stay positive ok? I believe in you!!!!! -I appreciate it if you took the time to read this post, I truly am passionate about helping and inspiring others and only want the best for you and your journey! Keep killing it!!!!!!! If you want you can go follow me on my fitness instagram! https://www.instagram.com/lookingglassfitness/ I post all kinds of inspiration along with workouts!! lots of free workouts for you to try out or get inspiration from!
This drink is perfect for after the holidays and all of the indulgences! It promotes good gut health and helps rid your body of any toxins! It also tastes good, which is very important!
-1 cup hot water
-1 tsp lemon juice
-1 tsp cinnamon powder
-1 tsp honey
-1-2 tsp apple cider vinegar
-Bring your water to a boil, then simply add the rest of your ingredients and mix until it is all combined! Then enjoy!
You can check out my Instagram for workout inspiration/ideas! instagram.com/lookingglassfitness
I am a fan of guilt free desserts, and that is why today I bring you these DELICIOUS gluten free banana bread blueberry muffins!!!
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour(any kind will work)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 TSP cinnamon
- 1 TSP lemon peel(optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries(add as much or as little as you would like
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- use baking cup liners for the muffin tray.
- mash the bananas until completely smooth.
- add in the baking soda and stir until combined.
- stir in the melted butter (or oil) into the mashed bananas.
- stir in maple syrup(or honey), eggs, and vanilla.
- mix in the gluten free flour, and cinnamon.
- gently stir in blueberries.
- bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- let the muffins cool.
- store in air tight container!!
The word “diet” has a somewhat negative connotation attached to it these days. If you are “dieting” that means there must be something wrong with you health or body wise, so in turn it makes us feel bad about ourselves.
Eating clean is a hard thing to do, especially if you’re used to eating whatever you want whenever you want. When you start changing your lifestyle for the better, working out more and eating better we migrate towards “diets” and health fads. Here is why I think the word “diet” is bad and why you should avoid the word and actually dieting.
Eating clean or “dieting” is a lifestyle, not a three-month thing. Most diets are a month or so long, but once it is done you go back to your old ways. You must adopt a new and healthy way of eating that fits into your way of life etc. It is not something you will understand or accomplish over night, it takes practice, listening to your body, and dedication because this process of adopting a new lifestyle will take more than a month.
The key of eating healthy, and staying healthy is everything in moderation. You do not have to cut all “bad” foods out of your life, that makes it harder to continue being strict in your food consumption. Instead of cutting it all out, everything in moderation. Have that brownie(not a whole box), have that hamburger etc. But don’t go crazy. In a day you need to mix it up, have healthy avocado toast for breakfast, a burger for lunch, chicken and beans for dinner and ice cream for dessert! Not every day mind you. Listen to your body, eat what you want to eat but keep it in moderation.
Check out my fitness Instagram where I post my workouts and pictures of food!! instagram.com/lookingglassfitness
-1 cup quick oats
-1/2 cup peanut butter
-1/2 cup raisins(or chocolate chips)
-1/4 cup raw honey
-Mix all the ingredients together then roll into small bite sized balls. Place in container and refrigerate.
-yields about 20 balls.
-serving size is two balls.
-1/2 cup coconut milk
-2 Frozen Bananas
-1/4 cup Frozen strawberries (4)
-1 Tbsp Honey
Add the coconut milk into the processor, slowly add chunks of the frozen banana in, one piece at a time and pulse/blend. Once combined and smooth do the same process with the strawberries. Add in the honey and pulse/blend to combine.
Move mixture into a container, and place in the freezer over night. It will be hard like real ice cream when you take it out the next day!!
Check out my instagram instagram.com/lookingglassfitness I post my workouts as well as more pictures of food!!!
We all have those days or weeks where we just don’t want to, or we don’t see why we have to do something. Those days where you feel no drive and you re-think why you even do that activity(working out etc). Today I am going to share some tips and tricks on how to stay motivated.
The first thing to do is think about your goals, why did you start working out? what do YOU want to accomplish? Think about those goals and remember why you started working for them. You don’t need anyone else to pull motivation from you, you already have your motivation, sometimes it gets buried. Dig deep and remember why you started in the first place. If you don’t feel motivated, don’t take a break. Think about why you started and make yourself get a workout in, you know you’ll feel better once you do. Take some time and reflect on your goals, maybe reevaluate them and decide what is really important to you. Bottom line, remember why you started.
The second thing to do is think about how bad you want something. Motivation comes from within yourself, if you want something bad enough then motivation will come. This ties in with the first thing, if you truly want to reach your goals and you want it bad enough then you have to put in the work. Yes, some days are going to be hard, Some days you are not going to want to workout etc. Sometimes you won’t have time, as long as you remember why you started then you won’t have a problem working for it.
All in all motivation is a mental game, it’s a game that is hard to win sometimes but if your goals are clear and you want it bad enough, motivation will be there.
You can find me on instagram instagram.com/lookingglassfitness where I post videos of workouts and food!!
Today I am sharing this super simple yet DELICIOUS and HEALTHY recipe!! Here is what you need in order to accomplish these delights.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup gluten free flower
1/2 cup ground almonds
1/4-1/2 raisins(or any dried fruit of choice or even chocolate.)
heat oven to 350 degrees F.
-Beat eggs, peanut butter, and sugar until fluffy.
-Mix eggs into the mix.
-add in the ground almonds
-add dried fruit
-spoon onto cookie sheet and slightly flatten so the cook evenly.
-cook 12-15 minutes (I find 13 minutes works the best)
-yields 3 dozen or so depending on how big you make them.