Ever crave donuts but without the guilt? Look no further! These are gluten and refined sugar free!!
- Silicone donut molds
- baking sheets (to place the molds on during baking)
- a mixer
- 8 tablespoons of butter (melted).
- 1/2 cup maple syrup.
- 2 tsp vanilla.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 cup almond milk.
- 2 tsp baking powder.
- 2 tsp cinnamon.
- 1/2 tsp allspice.
- 1/2 tsp cloves.
- 2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour (I use Namaste).
FOR THE TOPPINGS: 2 kinds
Cinnamon sugar dipped:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar.
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon.
- mix together.
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- 1-1/2 tablespoons almond milk.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- whisk together.
DIRECTIONS: CINNAMON DULCE DONUTS, yields about 10 donuts.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Spray the silicone molds with pam, or use butter to grease them.
- Melt the butter completely, add it to the mixer. Stir in the vanilla, maple syrup, and almond milk until combined.
- Mix in the eggs, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, cloves until combined.
- Mix in the all purpose gluten-free flour, until combined.
- Now spoon the batter into the molds just over half way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- They will appear puffed up and large, don’t be alarmed that will go down and you will have perfect little donuts.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- While still slightly warm either dip the donuts into the cinnamon sugar or drizzle with the glaze.
For free workouts and inspiration check out my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lookingglassfitness/