Okay, we are going to channel Elsa for a second and let it go, of what exactly? Let me tell you.
Here are 5 misconceptions you need to let go of when it comes to fitness. With social media and the internet in general it is hard to dig through the BS and see what the facts are. Because everyone is an “expert”. So, lets chip the tip of the ice berg shall we?
- 1. You’ll be “picture perfect” all day everyday once you reach your fitness goals. People believe this due to the fact social media is a highlight reel, people only post good pictures of themselves with their abs out and not at the end of the day when they have a food baby. It makes me laugh really.
- 2. if you follow that girl with a big booty and buy her plans you’ll look just like her. Like I said before, everyone is an “expert” when in reality half the people have no education in whatever they’re preaching. Yeah, you can buy her plan but you won’t look like her, because you’re a different person. There is no “ideal” look and you won’t look like every other fit person because your body is simply perfect and unique. Stop falling for the “do this to look like me” bit.
- 3. It’s easy to be “fit”. People believe that because most influencers on social media don’t share the hardships that come with being fit and how they got there. It’s hard, and not everyone will get there as quick as others, and you won’t ever look like your favorite influencer because you have different genetics. If it was easy to be a top tier athlete, everyone would be one. Everyone wants to be fit but not put in the work. That is why “quick fixes” exist like all those fat burning pills and tea. Which brings me to my next point…
- 4. If I drink this detox tea I’m gonna get fit and have abs. There are NO easy fixes, and no easy way to be fit and healthy. The quick fixes that are mareketed will always to more harm than good, there is no way to reach your goals besides sucking it up and putting in the work.
- 5. Your progress will always go up and be consistent. NOPE, no progress is every linear. It’s going to jump around, and go up and down it will never be a straight line. Stop thinking it’s gonna be an easy path with no obstacles.
I’m not going to sit here and pretend I’m perfect, of course I’ve wanted to skip to the end. But that was before I slowed down and enjoyed the journey, I haven’t always been fit and healthy. Quite the opposite, but it takes hard work, dedication, and tremendous patience. Without those things you won’t get very far, it’s not a fast process so you might as well sit back and enjoy the ride. Nothing worth having comes easy, and having abs won’t necessarily bring you the happiness you desire. Either commit or don’t but don’t do it half way and drink all the fat burning teas around to try to get there. Do it right.
You can follow my instagram where I post all of my workouts: https://www.instagram.com/lookingglassfitness/